Hitachi America, Ltd. (HAL) is looking for a Site Service Manager to join the PSD/PBT (Power Systems Division/Particle Beam Therapy) division located at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. The Site Service Manager will be responsible for managing the contracted on-site service activities related to maintaining required safety standards, reliability, and availability. He/she will take the lead on necessary customer communications; including commercial discussions, management support and engineering interface. He/she will also be responsible for supervising the subcontractors with the goal of ensuring a successful service program.
· Manage contracted on-site service activities, including: start-up operations, shut down operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, equipment testing (including calibration and software testing), equipment troubleshooting and related software activities.
· Oversee all related planning and close-out activities associated with individual service activities, including: scheduling of related tasks, assessment of priorities, assembly of parts, forecast of work loading, review of procedures, etc.
· Approve related operations and maintenance documentation, quality assurance and quality control requirements, managerial reporting, etc.
· Provide leadership and mentoring to HAL service personnel and support personnel, particularly Senior Service Technicians.
· Approve procurement of specialty subcontractors regarding outsourced service activities as well other purchases required to support the programs operational efficiency.
· Approve all customer billings and vendor payments as well as other commercial transactions to support the programs commercial goals. Negotiate as necessary to ensure timely payment from customers and/or competitive vendor pricing.
· Coordinate interface with customers to mitigate significant commercial and operational issues as well as to perform overall program assessment for areas of greater coordination and improvement.
· Coordinate interface with Japan-based Hitachi, Ltd (HTC) Hitachi Works Engineering for required technical interface, including: troubleshooting guidance, procedure development, spare parts confirmation, configuration management, document control, etc.
· Maintain overall responsibility with Regulatory Assurance Quality Assurance Planning Manager for the following program areas: customer contract compliance, budget control, subcontractor contract administration, operations & maintenance schedule, technical compliance, quality assurance, configuration control, spare part management, document control, program communications.
· Coordinate recovery operations following off-normal events.
· Develop a complete working knowledge of the Proton Beam Therapy System (PBTS), particularly system level knowledge.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Nuclear, etc.).
· A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Site Manager or equivalent is required. Experience should include:
o Personnel supervision
o Maintenance and operations experience preferred
o Experience in a Radiation facility is preferred
o Quality assurance and/or regulatory environment preferred
o Service program start-up or similar programmatic experience; particularly material management systems, service management systems, ERP systems, or work flow programs; etc.; contract management systems, including billing and payables; scheduling and staffing programs; etc.
o Technical program management or similar programmatic experience; including calibration or testing program development, start-up and shut down operations, preventive maintenance baselines, corrective maintenance procedure development, etc.