Summary of Position:
The Site Safety & Health Officer is responsible for all job-specific safety related training, following all procedures to ensure the safety of the physical environment for employees and sub-contractors. This position is responsible for the adherence to government mandated requirements as well as company safety policies. Responsible to conduct and document all accident investigation, safety violations and unsafe working conditions. Must provide onsite training for all field personnel and review and monitor subcontractor safety program compliance. Insures that job site is in compliance with federal, state and local health and safety standards. Position will provide oversight of consulting services for asbestos/environmental concerns on projects as well as conduct safety meeting and walk-through tours. Required to insure that all records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted as needed. Responsible to administer job site employee drug testing and monitor compliance for subcontractors adherence to program.
- 5+ years of construction industry safety experience or three (3) years if possesses a safety and health degree.
- Must have completed the 30 hour OSHA Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30-hour course applicable to the work to be performed and given by qualified instructors. Must maintain this competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four (4) years.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA Construction standards, OSHA 500 Certification
- Successful track record in preventing accidents, avoiding injuries and minimizing liability
- Training in all aspects of safety and loss prevention such as fall prevention and excavation-trenching
- OSHA 500 certified
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Lead Awareness Certification
- Asbestos Inspector Certification
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Delegates work appropriately
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities and management skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- DOD/Army Corp of Engineers experience preferred