Work with subcontractors to decrease injuries and increase productivity through established safety methods and interface with the owner over safety issues. Conduct and review various Pre-task Analysis and Activity Hazard Analysis Plans of construction activities.
- Provide site specific safety orientation to all trades and subcontractors working on the project.
- Provide assistance to project and department management personnel to ensure compliance with all safety, accident, and fire programs, procedures and policies.
- Thoroughly investigate all incidents, accidents, near misses that happen on the project and prepare a written report of findings.
- Represent company in all OSHA compliance inspections.
- Perform periodic jobsite inspections and prepare observation reports. Complete US Army Corps and/or Walbridge checklists and Leading Indicator Observation Reports.
- Review all safety documentation/reports for accuracy and completeness; ensure all required documents are forwarded to federal and state agencies per regulations and to company insurance carrier per their requirements.
- Organize and implement the site safety recognition programs.
- Manage and implement the site Drug Free Workplace Program including post-accident alcohol and drug testing.
Position is based in Detroit, Michigan but work is performed at construction sites throughout the U.S.A.
- Bachelor’s Degree [Occupational Safety and Health Management / Construction Management preferred] or equivalent professional training and experience, extensive Safety background
- Five  years minimum of construction safety field safety experiencerequired and must include:
- OSHA Construction Standards
- Working Knowledge on how to develop, implement, and review Pre Task Analysis for the contractor and subcontractor.
- 30 hour OSHA Construction Safety Class
- Competent Person Training for Fall protection
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good Computer Skills- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint