Our Corporate Technology SRE team relies on smart, driven people like you to guide/implement operational technologies in next gen solutions. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. Working in an Agile DevOps model with Architecture, Operations, Application Development and Infrastructure engineers, you will pro-actively develop reusable patterns/solutions that enhance the health and performance of our global platforms, and identify/solve chronic technical issues.
Do you like to engineer large scale mission critical solutions that are always on? Do you like to contribute where cutting edge software development, global scale system architecture and enterprise systems administration intersect? Are you curious about how things break, so that you can eliminate these failure modes? Are you driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques? If so, we would love to have you in our SRE team.
- Participate in Agile SDLC product development.
- Perform in-depth research and identify cause of production issues, perform workaround for mitigation, handle Production incident bridges.
- Design and code software solutions that help automate manual processes
- Code and maintain automated unit testing and functional test suites that can be used in a CI development environment.
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and design and implement remediation of these gaps.
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production environment.
- Migrate applications to new infrastructure and a standard development environment including on-boarding the applications to the standard tools for change management, source control, access management, and application monitoring.
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined change management processes including all documentation, reviews, and approval steps using JPMC standard tool set for Automated testing , deployment
- Ensure adherence to design and coding standards.
- Provide Level 3 production support to applications in production. Handle Code deployments for application releases.
- Identify opportunities to Automate L3 tasks (Application Build, Application Deployment etc.).
- Ensure infrastructure has adequate capacity and all environments are up to in terms of Hygiene (patches, resiliency, reboots etc.)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study/equivalent experience Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- 5+ years of software engineer with hands-on experience and/or site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: Java J2EE technology stack , Oracle, Mongo
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc. Exposure to UI development using HTML5, Angular
- Experience developing enterprise solutions on SQL server and Oracle database platform
- Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations. Exposure to Geneos, App Dynamics, Splunk/ Kibana would be a plus
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- A delivery focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
- Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
- Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, ARM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both with business customers and with fellow IT professionals (Business Analysts, Project Managers and Developers)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.