Outstanding opportunity with a growing global company and innovation leader. Be a part of a team that contributes directly to the health of pets and livestock. In this role, you will be the first-of-the-first: You’ll bring thought leadership and disciplined execution to spearhead the first Site Reliability Engineering team that is responsible for an Enterprise LIMS that provides results for millions of patients a year. Join a team that embraces entrepreneurial core values, empowers its employees, and isn’t afraid to try something new. Responsibilities: Manage unplanned downtime - system in motion (production)
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and triage to insulate build teams
- Partners to define service level objectives and implements monitoring tools, alerting, and dashboards
- Tunes alerting and logging to reduce false positives and false negatives
- Collaborate with Infrastructure team for service capacity planning, monitoring, and demand planning
- Analyzes system health, errors, and run time statistics to provide input into development roadmap
- Spend 50% of time developing system configurations and defect resolution to improve overall stability, performance and scalability
Manage unplanned downtime - system in rest (non-production)
- Creates dashboards, metrics, and code analysis tooling for early detection and prevention of defects
- Performs and directs peer reviews to ensure compliance with best practices and adoption of technical roadmap
- Automating, creating, reviewing, and executing deployment plans
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading a Site ReliabilityEngineering team
- 3 year’s experience managing a team of analysts and developers
- Ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and ask for help
- Work collaboratively across the organization
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and nformation technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time - biotechnology and information technology. We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement. IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness; offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus. If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you! We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan.
About the Area: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazine’s list of America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Women’s Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine; the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!