As an experienced Site Reliability Engineering Manager within our Investment Group Technology team you will lead a blended team of Systems Engineers and Software Engineers. You will help build out this nascent team and champion that reliability is feature #1 throughout the larger organization. The team will consist of both SREs embedded in other product development teams as well as Software Engineers that own, develop, and operate technology platforms where the customers are other engineering teams. You are a transformational leader who engages and inspires others to achieve meaningful results. When developing a vision, you consider long term impacts and make a personal commitment to exploring diverse perspectives and dissenting viewpoints. You are passionate about our mission and will drive for superior long-term investment results through the application of modern engineering and analytical methods, and through a solid understanding of management science and principles.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You will build, engage, develop and lead a high performing software development and systems engineering team.
- You will reinforce company and organizational values, think and plan strategically, lead the definition of your team’s culture, and drive team execution.
- You will drive cross-organizational initiatives and lead through influence, not through direction.
- You continuously improve processes, frameworks, team dynamics, and organizational values.
- You will provide technical guidance to the team.
- You will organize the team to be effective and efficient through a metrics-driven analytical approach.
- Your career has been built upon your success of leading software engineers and systems engineers in delivering complex initiatives.
- You have expertise in running high availability services.
- You have experience with monitoring and observability platforms, preferably Datadog.
- You have a background in Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- You have expertise with ITSM principles.
- You have extensive prior experience as a software engineer, with solid understanding of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…).
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where critical thinking, outstanding communication skills and proactive teamwork is essential for success.
- You have knowledge of design patterns including distributed systems design and OOD.
- You have experience with AWS services (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda) preferred.