“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Site Reliability Engineer within the Engineering Excellence team will focus on improving our systems availability, increasing our tooling & automation, and maturing our operations bringing a bias toward proactive data driven solutions. The Site Reliability Engineer must excel at planning, communicating and driving architecture, engineering and infrastructure development while driving changes that increase technology performance and availability, reduce time to market, new capabilities across the enterprise, decrease complexity and optimize revenue and cost.
Open to both Orlando, FL & Seattle, WA Locations.
- Establish and maintain development standards and prescriptions
- Develop long term technical roadmap and continual revenue/cost optimization
- Develop and implement of complex engineering solutions across the enterprise
- Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and sustainable
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Collaborate with developers, engineers, and operators in geographically dispersed location
- Proactively identify recurring problems and build the tools and processes to prevent problems from recurring.
- Build the tools and processes to help quickly triage issues and identify the component(s) that need to be fixed.
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- 2+ years related experience
- Technical knowledge of digital environment including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions
- Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in Angular/Node/React, Java/C#, Oracle or MySQL/MariaDB programming methodologies
- Experience in working with open source code and frameworks
- Experience creating web architecture designs that incorporate resiliency and performance
- Has demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively
- 2+ years programming in one or more of: Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, Node or C
- 2+ years UNIX systems knowledge and/or systems administration background
- Experience with modern monitoring capabilities including APM (i.e. New Relic, AppDynamic) as well as other instrumentation technologies
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with automation tools like Rundeck, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, and code
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures
- Experience utilizing Machine Learning capabilities within IT operations
- Experience in a large scale environment
- Experience operating with a multi-origin hybrid (cloud and on-prem) environment
- Experience managing production container environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Executive Management
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline