About the role
Uber's Customer Identity team is responsible for building a unified, secure, extensible, reliable and scalable system for customer signup, login, and identity management.
Our platforms enable multiple products, programs and external partners globally. We enable business growth through partner, application and business integrations. The solutions support diverse use cases e.g. rider/driver/eater, enterprise customers, developers, third party application integrations, third party identity provider integrations, B2B & API authentication, Autonomous Vehicles authentication etc. The identity platform is needs to be highly scalable, reliable and available to serve our users and business needs.
We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about transforming the way to protect customers and their data, building customer trust, and advancing the industry.
We are seeking an experienced engineer for the Site Reliability Engineer role to join our Customer Identity Platform team at Uber HQ in San Francisco. You will play a key role throughout the planning, development and operations of Uber's Customer Identity solutions.
You will be responsible for
- Design and architecture consulting along with software development for ensuring availability, reliability, performance and scalability
- Build auto-remediation capabilities to automatically resolve most production issues
- Production readiness review for service launch
- Continuous operational improvement for all existing services
- Planning for efficiency, capacity, on-calls and run-books
- Drive change management and deployment process
- Monitoring, dashboards, alerting, and emergency response
- Runtime metrics and business metrics for user and product flows
- Product data flows, data-logging and data-pipeline
What you'll need
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who flourish by learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- 7+ years of experience in technical roles with at least 5 years as SRE / DevOPS
- UNIX system internals and networking
- Software development using 2 or more of shell scripts, Go, Python, Java
- Knowledge of or eagerness to learn: Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, and ElasticSearch