The A/V and Retail Infrastructure team are responsible for building and supporting the core of our technology behind Retail's customer-facing interactive experiences with our products and Today at Apple. This role will operate and pioneer infrastructure, enabling software delivery, cutting edge support, and new DevOps maturity for a growing era of edge and Retail innovation.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- A focus on customer experience, developer and stakeholder support.
- Strong AWS Cloud experience.
- Understanding of the Linux Operating System
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, related technologies.
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins/Spinnaker)
- Proven ability to write programs using a high-level programming language as well as modern application server frameworks (e.g., Ruby).
- Experience handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management systems like Chef, Sensu,
- Experience administering of cloud systems (e.g. AWS infrastructure), hybrid clouds, and related technologies.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using data and automation
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, time management, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Experience/ability to support apps written in PHP, Ruby, Node, Python, Java
- Knowledge of JVM tuning/performance/troubleshooting a plus
- Cloud & Infrastructure: AWS, K8s/Docker, Jenkins/Spinnaker, VMWare
- OS: Deep linux knowledge (including building RPMs)
- Configuration & IaC: Chef, Sensu, pulumi
- Database: Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
- Programming: Ruby, Python
- General Security & Secret Management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage, operate, and deliver automated capabilities for repeated resolution and deployment across our infrastructure.
- Manage our AWS Infrastructure & existing migrations to AWS.
- Deploy, support, and monitor new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks.
- Architect, author, and deliver capabilities to improve the availability, scalability, and security of Apple's distributed retail offerings.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties.