We are a group of passionate individuals working towards making TouchBistro the #1 global POS product. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, and freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal and professional growth, true teamwork and collaboration, and celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, and aren’t afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, get in touch!
TouchBistro is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our ever growing team in our Toronto office. You will be responsible for managing, improving and building out development workflows and production systems as the company continues to scale!
- Work alongside the development & data infrastructure teams & enable them to release code quickly and securely in production
- Improve system reliability through disaster recovery, high availability & fault tolerance initiatives
- Suggest & implement continuous improvements & automations for application infrastructure & security
- Participate in DevOps design, reviews & best practice discussions
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 3-5 years experience in AWS services, focusing mainly on cloud networking, EC2/ECS, RDS, S3/Cloudfront, Route53/Cloud Map, ACM & Cloud Security Best Practices,
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform or similar)
- Working knowledge of configuration management software/tools. (e.g. Ansible)
- Experience with application & infrastructure performance monitoring (Amazon CloudWatch, New Relic, Datadog) with good understanding of APM & Log aggregation.
- Experience in working with UNIX-like operating systems, virtualization, containers (Docker), orchestration with ECS/EKS or similar, and core networking concepts
- Ability to create custom tools & automations using scripting or programming languages and toolsets, preferably Go & Python.
- Understanding of CI/CD systems (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins etc) and experienced in building & maintaining application deployment pipelines.
- Able to occasionally work out of hours and be part of an on-call rotation
- Software Engineering experience
- Advanced Networking concepts in AWS
- Experience in developing with AWS SDK/CDKs