We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who runs, maintains and improves the service/product against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering practices. SRE is responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future.
To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups.
You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers the software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoots priority incidents, conducts blameless post-mortems and ensures permanent closure of the incidents
- Engages with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability
- Applies analytics on the past data like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions
- Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns such as circuit breaker, bulkhead etc.
- Designs and conducts the performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and the capacity demand
- Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
- Deploys the software and product upgrades
- Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
- Facilitates maximum speed of delivery by objectively binding to error budgets of the service
- Manages the effort split between manual operational work and engineering work
- Be part of the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Coaches other team members and manages teams as needed
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise software and proficiency in multiple technologies preferably Java, Python, Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Spring Framework (Core, Boot, MVC)
- Working within an agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum, etc.
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment. Experience developing software using continuous integration/deployment pipeline that includes vendor solutions
- Incident resolution experience in an large scale operations environment
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies. Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Experience in next generation platforms such as Cloud services, PaaS, mobile, and big data
- Experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter and Blaze meter etc.
- Experience/knowledge administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, WebSphere, Nginx, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with configuration Management tools like Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Powershell
- Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
- Experience with private and public cloud environments is a plus
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums