Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Site Reliability Engineer?
Clearcover is looking for an energetic, pragmatic, and highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. Those with backgrounds as Systems Engineers who love automation, or Software Developers who love infrastructure, are ideal for this role. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) role is an integral part of our Product and Technology organization, and requires a passion for technology and cloud architecture. Pragmatic and driven, you thrive in collaborative environments with high degrees of autonomy. If you are passionate about designing and automating reliable, scalable, and performant systems that empower engineers to deliver value to our customers, we'd love to talk to you!
What will you do?
- Develop, deploy, and operate our secure AWS infrastructure (EKS, S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, etc).
- Ensure the high availability, resiliency, performance, business continuity and compliance capabilities of our cloud services.
- Build and enhance our observability tools, including Istio, Grafana, Prometheus, CloudWatch.
- Define standards for our containerized environments and Kubernetes clusters hosted in AWS.
- Work with our engineering teams to deploy and operate cloud services.
- Help develop and operate our automation and continuous delivery systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation, drive incident resolution, live troubleshooting and impact mitigation.
What do you need?
- 4+ years as a site reliability engineer, sysops engineer, or devops engineer.
- Experience with cloud IaaS offerings in AWS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible, or similar solutions.
- Experience with cloud native platforms such as Kubernetes or ECS.
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, or equivalent.
- Experience with operational monitoring tools, particularly, Prometheus, SumoLogic, and AWS Cloudwatch.
- An interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle, devops, and SRE practices.
Nice to haves?
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater future
- You use data driven development to build, scope and define features that have a measurable impact
- Experienced with domain driven design to help explain and simplify complex problems
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity for all employees
- Dental and Vision
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Pay your commuting costs with pre-tax funds through our FSA commuter benefits