You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing fan base securely and performantly.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll be focused on leveling up how we approach and handle logging, advising on and implementing caching strategies to maximize performance, improving our deploy pipeline by partnering with DevOps and our engineering teams, revamp our approach to alerting, and implementing practices to help harden the security of our infrastructure.
- You'll help Cameo scale the foundation of a platform that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
- You'll establish a standard of high availability and reliability for Cameo’s production systems.
- Create and administer infrastructure -- cloud services, hosts, monitoring tools -- for highly reliable and scalable web applications and data stores.
- Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You are well versed of best practices within IaaS platforms/tooling
- You have experience in DevOps or Site Reliability for a company experiencing fast-paced growth
- You are knowledgeable with infrastructure as code solutions such as Serverless, Terraform, etc
- Your documentation, collaboration, and verbal communication skills are excellent
- You are inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn't the best solution and present alternatives
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years building and scaling web applications and infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and observability such as datadog
- Experience coordinating and participating in on call duties
- Experience with CI/CD solutions such as CircleCI
- Strong AWS experience (ec2, ecs, cloudfront, aurora)
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with Mongodb
- Nice to have
- Experience scaling Elasticsearch, working with Heroku, designing and implementing an infrastructure as code plan
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity