We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
SessionM is a customer engagement platform empowering the world’s most innovative brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. The platform scales for the enterprise, globally. SessionM is headquartered in Boston with offices around the globe.
Who will you work with?
- As part of this role, you will work closely with other engineers to deploy and manage our development, test and production environments. You will participate in daily tasks to ensure the proper operation of our platforms and service internal customer requests. You will contribute to automation to ensure our platform meets our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude and a passion to solve problems.
What do you get to do everyday?
- Contribute to infrastructure improvements, automation, and monitoring of our global cloud infrastructure
- Working closely with Infrastructure Engineering to ensure a successful and optimal utilization of AWS cloud resources
- Monitoring and executing changes to our platform to ensure service level SLA’s are met or exceeded
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure our service level SLA’s are met 24x7
- Participate in infrastructure upgrades to keep our platform on supported infrastructure
- Perform operations tasks to support internal customer requests
- Assist with organization wide security considerations
- Continue to automate (Infrastructure as code) common operations tasks to develop new runbooks
What kind of person should you be?
- Ability to influence others, build relationships, manage conflicts, handle negotiations, and have fun!
- Ability to handle pressure and focus on results
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
What skills do you need?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a strong background in Linux and AWS or other cloud providers
- Ability to read/write scripts using Ruby, Python, or similar. ( Experience coding in any programming language a huge plus)
- Knowledge of cloud automation tools, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Knowledge of configuration management using such as Puppet or an equivalent
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios or Signalfx
- Knowledge of troubleshooting databases, such as MySQL, MS SQL
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, ECS or EKS - a Big Plus!
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins or Gitlab - a Big Plus!
- Experience with AWS IAM policies and automation tooling
- Experience with AWS security, IAM and policy creation
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Confidence to take risks when we see potential
- A management team that empowers people
Yes, Mastercard is hiring! Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve
implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are
onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we
know we’re all in this together.