As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Ariba, an SAP company, is the world’s business commerce network. Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world's largest web-based trading community to help companies discover and collaborate with a global network of partners. Using the Ariba® Network, businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time from any application or device to buy, sell and manage their cash more efficiently and effectively than ever before. Companies around the world use the Ariba Network to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be a member of the Production Deployment operations staff that is responsible for Change management of Ariba Cloud based solutions. Collaborate with internal operations teams as well as Development and Support Engineering staff to support and facilitate the delivery of a highly available production environment. Must be able to work in a 24x7 mission critical, customer facing environment (shared responsibility). The candidate must understand change control process and methodologies. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, a good team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is an individual contributor hands-on position.
- Carefully follows and employs change control procedures to deploy all Ariba Applications and Solutions that are hosted in Ariba Commerce Cloud.
- Manage and deploy all application releases, customizations and data fixes.
- Act as liaison with Technical Staff to solve complex customer related issues.
- Collaborate with Engineering and act as an informational resource for application and Ops Hosted infrastructure knowledge within Operations.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation sets, troubleshooting guides and procedural documentation.
- Act as a Project Manager for all product deployment hosted out of Ariba Cloud environment.
- Monitor performance of all deployed applications and tune environment when necessary to ensure maximum performance.
- Perform capacity and systems planning for all deployed applications.
- Act as a 3rd Party vendor owner to make sure we have all the needed info to support the apps that use the 3rd party.
- Verifies the completeness and timeliness of scheduled deployments.
- Acts as a primary point of reference for questions, problems, suggestion’s about the release management process.
- Automate deployment process for releasing proprietary code.
- Perform administrative tasks such as triage unassigned ticket queue, Production user account management, SSL Certificate management, troubleshooting Devlab environment, build out new Devlab services and performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Experienced working in dynamic, fast-paced environment with well-developed practices and procedures.
- At least 4 years experience supporting a 24/7 production operations web environment.
- Ability to quickly identify and solve problems in a fast pace environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in a UNIX environment.
- Basic knowledge of protocols such as: TCP/IP, SSL, SSH, DNS.
- Ability to write and maintain Perl and Shell scripts to automate processes and enhance productivity.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasionally over the weekend to accommodate demands of the business.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task various projects and related tasks.
- Work in a group setting by contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Project oriented with the ability to drive efforts to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in MIS/CS or equivalent.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAPinvests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Requisition ID: 146254