Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
If you are passionate about new technologies, have a strong technical background, and are looking for a fun environment where you can continuously expand your knowledge, you are the right fit for this role.
The PayPal embedded Site Reliability Engineering (eSRE) team is looking for a quality-driven engineer who is ready to constantly challenge his/her mind with a mixture of troubleshooting, code developing, hacking, networking and more.
The eSRE Team is a selected group of PayPal technologists always striving to do the right thing for all our internal and external customers. The Team provides a unique opportunity to get not only a depth of knowledge in PayPal’s Payment System, but also a breadth of knowledge across PayPal products, teams and initiatives.
No matter if you have previous PayPal experience or not, this is a great opportunity to expand your technical horizons and a launching platform to propel your career into your true call.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Triage and troubleshoot escalations for a wide variety of PayPal products.
- Monitor, detect and troubleshoot issues during code rollouts on the live site. Analyze real-time data to determine issue severity and impact and advise Product Development and Release Management on release GO/NO-GO.
- Advise management and appropriate groups on customer impacting issues and provide recognized technical and business leadership while recommending appropriate actions.
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency.
- Participate in the development of tools, systems and processes aimed at improving product supportability and overall support productivity.
- Work with different groups to develop and improve monitors for PayPal products and infrastructure.
- When needed provide direct support to PayPal merchants and their technical teams.
- Identify, verify and document irregularities in PayPal functionality, including posting appropriate bugs.
- Work with Site Operation teams to address sites issues.
- Weekend support, on a rotating schedule, is required.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.