$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Oracle is building an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Public Cloud, and a large part of that effort is building a state-of-the-art networking and load balancing capabilities. We are looking for exceptional software engineers with backgrounds in cloud services and distributed systems.
The Load Balancer team is building a high performance, scaled out, and high availability offering that will be the foundation of a modern cloud system. You will be a part of the team founded by industry veterans from AWS, Google, OpenStack, Joyent and others, that will create the first enterprise-grade public cloud service. We believe that this team and its mission sits squarely at the center of Oracle's future and that this is an opportunity to rethink the way load balancing, networking, compute and storage systems interact and change the way applications are built.
As part of the Load Balancer SRE team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to organizational and service success every day. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will work on code and automation to create new systems for scaling deployment and mission-critical operations of our product which is deployed to datacenters worldwide. The role is a mix of systems engineering, automation engineering, network operations, and data engineering. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
· Software development proficiency to create systems, automation, and debug production / mission critical systems.
· Proficiency in Java, Python, Bash/Shell
· Linux systems knowledge, including strong system administration skills
· Willingness to participate in a 24/7 on-call schedule with customer notifications and escalations.
· Networking and TCP/IP fundamentals
· Real-world production architectures, scalability, and system design. Cloud computing design patterns
· Methodical approach to troubleshoot, large, complex, interconnected systems.
· Change management, continuous integration, and deployment best practices
· Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
· Can define and document technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products.
· A minimum of 2+ years' experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
· Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Most importantly, the attitude to be a good team player and a strong willingness to learn
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Valid Through: 2019-10-22