We’re a team developing and supporting applications and infrastructure that help enable Tesla manufacturing. We’re looking for SREs with experience jumping into a dynamic environment and hitting the ground running.
As Tesla expands its manufacturing capabilities we’re looking to cement solid software and processes as the pillars. Hundreds of engineers and thousands of users rely on our services and we’d like your help in ensuring we keep those services at the highest quality and uptime. You’ll be working with and developing software that acts as the middleware layer between Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and the outside world (such as Databases, Web, and MES systems).
Our team is a very diverse team of controls, software and other engineers from all backgrounds coming together to help enable Tesla manufacturing.
- Support interim HMI/SCADA vendor application (Ignition from Inductive Automation)
- Building tooling around it, evaluating its usage, helping to ensure its reliability, availability and security
- Design and write software that enables rapid manufacturing at Tesla, with an eye toward reliability, availability, speed and security
- Assist Software, Controls, Manufacturing and other types of Engineers with onboarding and integrating services into the Tesla stack (Kubernetes/VMWare)
- Ensuring best practices and observability of the service, such as metrics, logging, tracing, and alerting
- Automate configuration and deployment of services
- Consult on systems and application architecture
- 5+ years as an SRE, or DevOps engineer with an eye towards becoming an SRE
- Expert skills in Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu preferred), networking, storage, operating systems (Linux/Windows), virtualization (VMWare), containerization (Kubernetes/Docker) and automation (Hashicorp stack, Ansible)
- Setting up and supporting CI/CD (Jenkins/GitLab)
- Bare-metal imaging (Ubuntu PXE)
- Proficient in a high level language such as Go, Python and/or Java
- Comfortable troubleshooting on a NOC/outage bridge with other engineers and process/business owners
- Habitual documenter and spreader of knowledge
- Willing to mentor other team members and engineers with less SWE type knowledge
- Strong bias for action vs endless planning, willing to get hands dirty and make mistakes sometimes