The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges. This is a key role within the Oracle National Security Regions (ONSR) team with a strong emphasis in building solutions that support the delivery of incident and problem management.
We are looking for strong SRE's to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. Your team will have diverse expertise in systems, networking, and software development to provide the stability, performance and reliability our customers need. You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes. You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer's success.
A SRE will spend a significant amount of their time doing \"ops\" related work such as production issues and service on-call. When not working on operations the SRE is working on software engineering tasks such as design and development of systems that increase our reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation. The ideal SRE candidate is proficient programmer who has large breadth of knowledge and experience including areas such as networking, internet protocols and Linux systems.
Our SREs are close partners with service owners in all aspects of service operations and ownership. We have a strong culture of innovation, collaboration and team work inspired by the DevOps philosophy.
This role will support Oracle's Government customers:
- Ability to Obtain and Maintain a TS/SCI with Poly Clearance
- Build systems to address hard operational problems such as automation, provisioning/deployment, security, scaling, availability, and resiliency - while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes.
- Value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Practice sustainable incident response and drive root case analysis.
- Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures for our team and org.
- Deliver solutions that directly contribute to our customer's success.
- Work closely with development team on maintaining operational health of core compute services for API availability and low latency.
- Managing and triaging tickets. Driving prioritization and execution of work based on impact.
- Systems sustainably through mechanisms such as easy to use tooling and automation. Work in concert with service developers to evolve systems/products for better scalability, reliability and development velocity.
- Drives new runbooks to help reduce mean triage time of incidents. Prioritize and automate high hit count runbooks.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient with communication skills (writing, organization, learning exchange)
- Familiarity with core protocols (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TCP)
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals and host based networking
- Expert Linux/Unix performance and stability troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with devising, managing, and extending monitoring solutions for large scale environments.
- Experience in database management (Oracle DB, MYSQL, Postgres)
- Experience in shared file systems (Gluster, ZFS, etc.)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive
- Deep understand of service metrics and alarms through the development of dashboards, service KPIs, alarming systems
- Experience working in an operational environment with mission critical tier one services with associated pager duty
- 5+ years managing large scale, highly distributed, services infrastructures
- 2+ years managing host virtualization technologies (KVM, Containers, Docker, etc.)
- Proficient in coding complex, distributed systems using Python, Ruby, Java, or C/C++
- Deep knowledge of Networking (TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPSec)
- Deep focus on building secure Internet facing systems and services in hostile environments
- 3+ years of experience in production software development with Agile methodologies
- 3+ years managing host, network, or storage virtualization technologies
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Expert fleet automation and management solutions
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5+ years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us
or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 125779 in the subject line of the email.About Us
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.