We are looking for a software engineer that has a strong background in writing tools to provide services for Engineers and SQA to build, provision, deploy and manage their application stacks in AWS and other Cloud Platforms. Someone that understands what it takes to write, build and deploy services globally and at scale and how best to write tools to automate the entire development lifecycle.
The challenges involve building and scaling within and across multiple Regions for services that utilize Java applications, Docker, MySQL, and AWS Services. Your toolset should include the AWS API, Java, Python, configuration management tools and more. You will drive standards, tooling and services that is used by internal teams for all aspects of running an application.
What You Need for this Position
- Worked in an operations role supporting on-premise and Cloud operations at scale
- Experience implementing automation and processes in highly regulated environments (FDA) a plus
- Ability to program with the AWS API for service management and reporting
- Experience in Python or Go programing and other scripting such as shell or other languages
- Experience working with QA to enable and implement testing and automation frameworks
- Experience with using and programing with MySQL, Postgres or other databases
- Experience with configuration management tools, Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and workflows with Atlassian tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions among software development engineers and quality teams
- Participate in the On-Call rotation, and help refine the process
- Self-sufficient, self-managed, self-motivated; must be effective working both independently and as part of a team
- Experience building tools and providing internal services in a regulated (SAS, SOX, HIPAA), compliance driven environment
- Must have good people and communication skills