- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services?from inception and design through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response collaboration and review.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Go (you'll primarily be a Gopher here.), C, C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS or similar container scheduling system.
- Experience in building, maintaining and monitoring distributed systems for development teams.
- Docker in a production environment
- Terraform or other automated Cloud service provisioning mechanisms
- Experience running production systems on a major cloud provider
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration + continuous delivery and/or deployment systems.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with a broad array of databases (we use everything from graph databases, through relational, to key-value stores.)
- Experience designing and implementing backup/recovery and disaster recovery systems.