- bash scripting
- common Linux utilities—ssh, scp, rsync, cron, iptables, curl, etc
- HAProxy, DHCP/static IP configuration
- Debian packages
- Java, Scala
- SQL Server
- C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET
- REST, SOAP API's
- XML, JSON datasets
- Jenkins automation server
- Deploy updates to fleet of systems
- Monitor production systems
- On-call duty along with quick response to critical alerts
- Coordinate with other teams to plan for deployments
- Improve production monitoring and alerting
- Assist in implementation and going-live on systems
- Troubleshoot issues on production systems
- DevOps minded
- Deployment automation
- General infrastructure and networking knowledge, including load balancer configuration
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Security best-practices
- Cross-platform know-how — Linux, Windows
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a DevOps/Systems Engineering role supporting teams shipping complex applications to large scale production environments.
- Use of Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically S3, Route 53, EC2, RDS or relatable cloud infrastructure experience.
- Experience in management automation both on Linux and Windows.
- SQL queries and scripting.
- Bash scripting and Linux tools.
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Strong mix of software engineering (C# and .NET Core/Framework) and operation support skills.
- Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes.