Who You Are:
You are a Site Reliability Engineer practiced in multiple disciplines: high availability architectures and solutions, automated solutions, scripting, and cloud architecture best practices. You quickly master details and new technologies. In your career, you find that the unique and complex challenges find their way to you, which you thoroughly enjoy solving.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will help drive the evolution of our SaaS solution for indoor mapping by planning network and server architecture, devise automated ways to enable rapid customer onboarding, continuously refine and improve scaling efficiency, design and implement automated ways to solve common needs such as builds, deployments, environment build outs, and always consider information security in all of your plans.
We are looking for an engineer proficient in scripting in Bash, Python, or Ruby, who thinks in terms of automated architecture, data driven code, and with experience automating and operating an AWS or Azure environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, review, and implement infrastructure around web, application, and data tiers to meet security, availability, responsiveness, and cost objectives.
- Manage our application infrastructure using Chef, Python, Bask and other automation technologies, fill in gaps and add new features
- Create new efficiencies for faster, more reliable, and better introduction of new software releases.
- Intensive involvement in Infrastructure as Code (IAC), execution plans, resource graph and change automation
- Implement and maintain intelligent infrastructure and application monitoring for other engineering teams to plug into
- Proficiency in Server Provisioning, Middleware Management, Build and Deployment Automation through tools like GIT, Jenkins, Rundeck, and Chef
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other engineers
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years’ experience automating and operating a cloud based application environment
- Proficiency writing scripts from scratch in one or more of Bash, Python, Java, and Ruby
- High availability cloud architecture principles
- Experience implementing and tuning Auto Scaling, application load balancing, and application deployment solutions
- Experience implementing and maintaining a Chef environment
- Self-starter who enjoys learning and applying knowledge
Who We Are:
Point Inside helps retailers put the power of digital information in the hands of the connected shopper and store associate so retailers can help them navigate product and fulfillment choices. As the lines between physical and online shopping continue to blur, shoppers want the ability to see, touch, and try merchandise and then conveniently purchase through multiple channels.
Retailers who have digital access to information about products, brands, and shoppers gain visibility across the organization and unveil insights to make every operational task easier. Providing an experience that combines digital and physical aspects of stores helps retailers deliver a truly unified retailexperience that results in more sales, better use of labor and increased loyalty.
Are you all about creating a better experience for others? Let's talk.
Some of the Many Ways We Say 'Thank You':
- Comprehensive health and life benefits package
- Eight company-paid holidays and generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Parking / Commuting Subsidy
- Plenty of treats and drinks
- All of our positions are based in our Bellevue, WA office (Greater Seattle area.) We do not offer relocation assistance
- Point Inside is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Point Inside participates in the E-verify program