At GoDaddy Site Reliability Engineers are involved in infrastructure design, implementation and on-going improvements. We take pride in what we do and always strive to provide the best outcomes for our customers internal and external.
Our Site Reliability Engineers are a hybrid of software and systems engineers. Our current mission is to uplift our infrastructure and stabilize / integrate new infrastructures. We code our way out of operational problems. We are responsible for reliability, scalability, and automation while keeping an eye on performance, and capacity.
- Deep understanding of Apache-Cassandra (operationally and in an engineering role)
- Deep understanding of Java heap management and globally distributed data stores
- Design, write, and maintain software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of GoDaddy's datastore services, incorporating third-party open-source tools when available
- Create new designs for a growing number of distributed systems
- Design and implement the tools and processes used for deployment and change management
- Plan and execute configuration management
- Own, maintain, and continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and provisioning
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks
- Automate resource provisioning and allocation process. * Run software performance analysis and system tuning
- Plan and execute disaster recovery drills * Participate in rotating on-call duties # Must-Have Qualifications
- Fluent in at least one programming language: Python, Java, or C
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, IPC, concurrency, locks, mutexes, semaphores, etc.)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with Puppet, or some other configuration management tool * Systematic problem solving approach
- Strong sense of ownership and drive * BS or Master's degree in CS/CE or equivalent experience
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Performance profiling and tuning of relational databases such as MySQL
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited and collaborative to join the team!
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy willconsider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirement