MUST RELOCATE TO Carpinteria, California 93013???
MUST RELOCATE TO Carpinteria, California 93013
100% Full Relocation Assistance + Sign On Bonus
Our client is seeking an Site Reliability Engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This role will work with our growing development team who works on an entire tech stack (from low-level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud-based enterprise application for the construction industry.
The Site Reliability Engineer will work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support, and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of the company's tools on iOS, Android, and Windows. We?re looking for someone to join our client's team immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large scale distributed systems.
- Automate, automate, automate and then ?. automate!
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
Some examples of our client's projects:
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform + Puppet to easily build out complex cloud environments
- Chat-based incident communication, reporting, and management tool written in Elixir
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code
- Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios
Experience in the following technologies:
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- MVC Web Frameworks (including Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Webservers (Apache or Nginx)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Full Text Search (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (including Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security Tools (nmap, Burp Suite, Nessus)