When a bystander walks past your computer do they ask you if you're looking at the Matrix? Have you ever made a Developer or QA team member cry tears of happiness and gratitude? Do people throughout the organization come to you because you get the job done? Have you ever tamed a wild RDBMS? Are you a high functioning individual in stressful situations? Are you obsessed with keeping the data on time and system up and running? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, we want to talk to you.
The Internet, web applications, LAMP stacks, WAMP Stacks, and from EC2 to ELB and even DNS. These are core elements of your day. Complexity intrigues you. Change excites you. Availability or service disruptions bring out the best in you as you solve problems with your teammates. Some of what we do you have seen before but likely not all of it. You like things well architected -smooth and by the numbers because we put the pro in professional. You love working with all aspects of a business to ensure the reliable, secure and efficient operation of our client-facing and internal systems.
What You Will Do
- Day-to-day administration of numerous operating environments including joint responsibility for our production environment
- Assist cross-functional teams with daily web operations tasks
- You have appreciation for the practices of Site Reliability Engineering
- You will be a steward of the service life cycle for products and services offered by Benevity
- Deployment of code to numerous operating environments; installation and configuration of demo/production/training environments
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in web-based operating environments, document defects in JIRA, work with colleagues to resolve issues
- Assist with sourcing and testing infrastructure enhancements before deployment
- Support web operations workflow automation using configuration management and continuous deployment frameworks
- Apply service delivery best practices
- Be a great teammate
What You Bring
- Post-secondary diploma, certificate or degree in an IT-related discipline or the wherewithal to have obtained such things
- Comfort with an outrageous number of acronyms
- AWS architecture including but not limited to: EC2, RDS, ALB, VPC, VPC Peering, Multi-AR, EFS, EBS, Beanstalk, auto scale groups, direct connect, etc.
- You know what the Well Architected Framework is and how it relates to EC2, S3, RDS, VPCs, NATs, and more
- 5-7 years Linux/UNIX systems administration experience, preferably in a LAMPJ environment
- Familiarity with CentOS/RHEL, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Java, Tomcat, Reverse Proxies, Firewalls/NAT, HTTPS, SSL Certificates, SFTP, FTPS, DNS, SMTP
- Experience in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of SaaS platforms
- A fierce passion for availability, reliability, and short MTTR
- Mastery with at least one scripting language (BASH, Perl, Ruby, etc.) We code on this team
- You know SQL and can debug MySQL and MS-SQL Databases (slow queries, traces, killing queries)
- Are familiar with the practice of Infrastructure as Code and have done infrastructure coding (ansible and terraform)
- Familiarity with monitoring and metric collection systems
- Familiarity with information security best practices and tools
- Familiarity with backup strategies and tools
- CMS experience, Drupal preferred
- Version Control Systems (Git)
What You can expect
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to join a mission-driven growth company on a growth trajectory, and be part of a dynamic team in an unique, ultra-engaged culture.
- Join a team of innovative thinkers, keen to be part of a growing and well funded company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving and other Goodness programs.
- Work in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success and stunning colleagues.
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people passionate about the Benevity mission.
- Connect with a rapidly growing and passionate group in an open, collaborative and fun environment.