Site Reliability Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
- As the Site Reliability Engineer in Consumer DigitalTechnology, you will use your expertise in full stack application support to provide meaningful site health and performance metrics, that will continuously drive reliability and consumer experience improvements.
- You will work across teams to proactively identify and troubleshoot incidents within the stack (consumer and non-consumer facing).
- The application support team provides day-to day operational activities in a dynamic global 24x7 environment.
- Important to the role is the ability to identify, evaluate, and execute preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the consumer experience.
- As a reliability engineer, you will enable and lead the critical incident and problem management process where you will engage appropriate colleagues, vendors, and leadership teams to restore service, manage root cause analysis and recommend solutions for long term fix.
- You will also provide support during product launches and releases, prepare reports for management, identify risks/solutions, and make recommendations for continual improvement.
Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering and 1-3 years of overall progressive experience in e-commerce software applications, which includes experience in the following skill sets:
(1) managing and leading application reliability practices for consumer facing web and mobileexperiences
(2) working across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot consumer reported issues, and identify areas in need of optimization
(3) develop and drive real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
(4) IT service management, including incident, problem, change, and knowledge management
(8) New Relic
(9) cloud computing / Amazon AWS