U-HAUL is seeking for a candidate with a strong focus on delivering high levels of infrastructure services to internal development teams. Directly aligning with dev/devops teams, the candidate’s strong background in infrastructure operations will help to design, implement, and maintain software build engineering processes, product testing and staging environments, on a global Linux/Windows based production infrastructure. Position is located in the Phoenix, Arizona.
Experience with the end to end lifecycle of monitoring, configuration, and automation tools such as Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and the Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) in a medium to large computing environment is a requirement. It is more important to be a master of the methodologies, protocols, and architecture (with the ability to implement) of deployment, monitoring, and alerting than the specific toolset. This position requires senior level System Administration skills to ensure infrastructure is deployed, maintained and configured quickly and efficiently while still adhering to our core infrastructure standards. As a dedicated agile team member, the incumbent will provide input and guidance to the development process to ensure monitoring and operational considerations are built-in to every feature to achieve a secure and stable platform.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help build a highly valued team within U-HAUL IT and contribute to our ability to streamline our release management process, support multiple pre-prod and R&D environments and production systems across our organization. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be part of a team of SRE’s, driving operational excellence and focusing on delivering and managing our agile environments. He/She will leverage knowledge, experience and expertise across multiple technology stacks to automate, deploy and validate dynamic release management environment with the goal of continuous improvement and optimization. He/She will possess the ability to influence change within their department and others and identify, propose, and implement best practices. The candidate will oversee agile deployments, configurations and ongoing maintenance of our pre-production and production environments, software, and equipment in our datacenters. To improve efficiencies, scripting, automation, and real world experience expertise to solve complex problems is equally important.
* Dedicated member of an agile software/devops team
* Deployment, support and maintenance of development software stacks, overseeing build frameworks
* Manage and maintain enterprise infrastructure tools as the primary subject matter expert
* Deploy and manage virtualization infrastructure
* Respond to system issues related to the infrastructure and fulfill service requests
* Lead infrastructure deployments in the scrum
* Assist in facilitating datacenter activities such as system upgrades and hardware provisioning.
* Provide support, and implementation of security policies, compliance, and best practices
* Prioritize workload and resolve any technical issues/roadblocks
* Solid skills in logical troubleshooting, communication, documentation and problem resolution
Experience with these technologies a plus: