ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 75,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale our quickly growing user base. As a Site Reliability Engineer you'll get to build the systems that power our products. We are looking for people with a strong background in systems.
What your day could consist of:
- Planning for the growth of ActiveCampaign's infrastructure
- Designing, building and maintaining the core infrastructure used by ActiveCampaign's engineering teams
- Scale services through internal tools and automation
- Utilize configuration management tools to provision new resources for ActiveCampaign's services
- Maintain the security of cloud resources through design and tooling
- Debugging production issues at all levels of the stack
What is needed:
- Ability to think about system design, the edge cases, failure moves and lifecycle
- Familiarity working in cloud environments, including resource provisioning within Infrastructure as Code
- We are hosted in AWS and use Terraform to allocate and update resources
- Prior experience working with configuration management tools is ideal
- Services are provisioned using Chef, but we welcome experience in Salt, Ansible, and/or Puppet
- The ability to debug instance and application problems, either through the command line or using a log accumulator
- Experience working with Datadog and the ELK stack is preferred
- Experience working within a Linux development and production environment
- Experience working with Amazon Linux or CentOS is preferred
- The ability to automate daily operations using scripting languages. Most of the team works in Python, though several engineers work in PHP as well
- Comfort with working on databases and enjoyment from optimizing performance
- MySQL clusters with ProxySQL are in use at ActiveCampaign
Perks and benefits: