Site President / GM - Manufacturing
Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for a Site President. Will relocate.
A full P&L General Management opportunity focusing on smooth operational organisation and improvements across this large manufacturing site.
You will have a wide and solid understanding of manufacturing i with knowledge of operational process improvements. Ideally you will be a natural leader, degree qualified with experience of the commercial aspects of engineering and have a passion for continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
The role manages all day to day and strategic plans across all areas of the manufacturing operation, targeting, reporting, driving improvements in all aspects of the business and acting as a link between the CMO and the various departments.
* You will be responsible for all aspects of operations, including production, manufacturing, purchasing, material control scheduling, continuous improvement and engineering.
* To ensure that the business manufacturing capability is able to satisfy customer demands and expectations, contribute to fresh and creative ways of improving operating efficiencies, reducing costs and increasing profitability.
* To lead and motivate the team to ensure all agreed standards are achieved and improved upon and in addition to take a lead in generating and building a continuous improvement culture.
* To develop customer relationships that inspire confidence in their capability and by translating internal customer needs into deliverable operational activities.
* You will ideally be degree educated with proven operational experience within a manufacturing environment.
At least 8+ years of operations management experience in an industrial manufacturing setting.
* The ability to implement a rigorous set of performance measures, both quantitative and qualitative, to ensure full and accurate reporting. You will be responsible for all requirements and programs onsite.
* You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as there will be frequent contact with principal customers and suppliers. A good understanding of lean manufacturing principals and their implementation will be a key element of the role.
* Whilst you will be primarily responsible for this site, there will be a degree of travel required, engaging with other sites. You will have a dynamic approach to manufacturing with a positive result orientated attitude.
* You will have a thorough understanding of Health & Safety management systems as well as quality and environmental management systems. A progressive leader who can engage and motivate a large workforce.