Our Medical Director is responsible for the clinical elements of the entire program, including professional duties, and provides direct care to patients and consultation to professional staff.
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical School. Successful completion of a Post-graduate training program in a Primary Care discipline (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, etc.).
- Seven (7) years professional experience providing primary care to persons with two (2) years at the administrative clinical level, assistant director or its equivalent.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical concepts and applications, financialreports, and legal documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to act as a competent liaison between the organization and the community
- Active and unencumbered license to practice medicine in Massachusetts. Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Surgery, Preventive Medicine, or Emergency Medicine.
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards and policies and procedures for admission, transfer, and utilization review process.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in evidence-based practices germane to his/her clinical specialty and general familiarity with current medical practices germane to the program.
- Supervises the continuous quality improvement program, including patient grievances, sanitation, infection control, utilization management, pharmacy and therapeutics and assists in development of appropriate criteria.
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee making recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.