Bechtel is looking for a Site Manager with previous experience on a large scale wind project to join the Renewable Energy team.
A. Supervision Received
- This position will report to the Manager of Construction.
- Will be assigned to the Renewables team, and will report to the Renewables Construction Lead on a day-to-day basis.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Supervises field construction teams during the construction and start-up of utility-scale wind facilities.
- Provides input to Renewables team on required cost and services, execution methodology, schedule, risks, and strategy during the development and estimating of projects.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly individual discipline group leaders. Will have ongoing contacts with working and supervisory level personnel of other departments
- Will interface with Functional Construction team in implementing applicable Bechtel construction standards and processes.
- Will have regular contacts with clients, landowners, permitting authorities, third party inspectors, and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The following primary duties are performed:
1. Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering site construction and supporting activities, including planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and prime contract close-out. Has overall responsibility for project execution, ensuring that the project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and Bechtel performance expectations
2. Provides overall leadership direction to a project; including the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team.
3. Serves as primary interface with the client and the turbine supplier teams. Will develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service.
4. Manages budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure program/project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
5. Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer.
6. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team.
1. Supports selection of partners and suppliers
2. Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
3. Determine cost codes, approve invoices and make necessary budget management decisions
4. Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
5. Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
6. Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
7. Other tasks as assigned to support renewable business objectives
1. Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of relevant wind site management experience
2. Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
3. 10+ years of supervisory experience in a related construction industry (i.e. power generation, utilities, heavy civil, industrial).
Requisition ID: 205559