Site Manager at Frankfort manages all operational aspects on the plant (production, maintenance, production scheduling, warehouse, plant support and process engineering, safety, financial, human resources, quality) in such a way that customer demands are met within SHE (Safety, Health and Environmental) regulations and procedures, and at an acceptable cost level. The position reports to the Director of Operations.
In this position you will:
- Ensure safe operation of the production plant and ensure lowest possible costs for manufacturing;
- Train and develop direct reports for both personal career development and growth and to cross-functionally interface other departments.
- Ensure safety review processes such as HAZOP and Management of Change (MoC) are performed, and produce results within DSM guidelines.
- Ensure all local, state and federal regulations applicable to the Frankfort site are met.
- Ensure day-to-day implementation of BU goals and standards (with respect to Injury and Incident Free workplace, SHEQ; budget, morale, structure, and size of the organization) and ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and 14001, RC 14001 procedures and regulations;
- Represent the site to local authorities, community, and visitors.
- Chair the Management Team meetings, consisting of managers representing all site functions and any otherassociates deemed necessary, located both at the site and off-site where applicable.
- Develop annual site manufacturing plan; report results monthly to the NMA Operations Director.
- Ensure formulation, approval and management of the annual cost budget for the site organization, in order to have the right finances available.
What we want to see in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required
- MBA a plus
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in a complex manufacturing environment required
- Balance of strategic/tactical thinking required
- Experience directly managing others required
- Experience in chemical production required
- Previous site/plant/unit operations management required
- Industrial Safety, Health and Environment and regulatory knowledge and experiencerequired
- PSM experience highly preferred
- Formal safety and environmental training
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Broad experience in all areas of business process
- Team building skills
- Must combine visionary and long-term perspective with need to show results
- Project management experience
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Requisition ID 14401