- Takes ownership of all aspects of the field activities from start up to completion on their projects. These activities include, but are not limited to project safety, quality, schedule, planning, jobsite logistics, leading the on-site management team, & subcontractor coordination.
- Establishes and manages a jobsite safety culture in accordance with Gray’s safety program.
- Leads by example and holds the site team accountable for adhering to Gray policies and procedures.
- Walks the project daily to witness work going into place.
- Communicates early and often with project team (i.e. project manager, design manager, customer, site team, subs, field ops, & etc.)
- Conduct required meetings to coordinate subcontractor activities on site.
- Review all drawings, i.e. shop, architectural, structural, etc. when they are issued to the field and coordinate and maintain a current set at all times.
- Studies project documents to ensure the project is being built per plans and specifications, and in accordance with the contract.
- Strives to cultivate relationships and provide the customer with a positive experience.
- Reviews project budget with the Project Manager on a regular basis. Is in tune with project financials and aware of the impacts the site team can have on the budget.
- Assist in developing scopes of work for review and approval of Project Manager.
- May assist Project Manager in locating and evaluating potential subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Assist in the development of project schedule and estimates. Uses the schedule as a management tool to deliver the project on time. Provides real-time data to PM/scheduler for schedule maintenance.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports, i.e. cost to complete, monthly billings and status reports.
- May solicit prices from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers for review and approval by Project Managers.
- May assist in selection of qualified bidders and negotiate final prices.
- May assist in pricing work, draft changes and change orders to be reviewed by Project Manager.
- Determine materials, equipment and tools needed.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Please see the link below for the full Job Description:
Must have a minimum of ten years related experience. Preferred experience would be candidates that have held the position of overall responsibility for field activities on the project site. Our projects are large construction projects in the following markets: Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Automotive, & Distribution. Project volumes will vary, but typically fall in to the following ranges: $10mm to $50mm, $50mm to $100mm, $100mm to $200mm or over $200mm.
Job Location Anywhere, United States Company Location Field Operations Position Type Full-Time/Regular EEO Disclaimer Our Company will be proactive in employing and advancing qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.