ChemTreat’s opportunities are specific to water treatment and require an individual with technical knowledge within the industry. This Site Manager position is focused on managing the account for which you are assigned.
The Site Manager will be responsible for retaining an existing customer base by fostering the ChemTreat value certification and earning return on investment as well as actively generating new accounts. This position is primarily focused on the profitable growth and maintenance of a territory by determining and meeting customer needs.
Qualified applicants must have knowledge and understanding of water treatment including feeding chemical and taking measurements, troubleshooting, and explaining to customers what is needed to fix a problem, improve a system, or provide a reduction in total cost of ownership. ChemTreat prides itself on delivering maximum value to the customer, therefore all sales positions are expected to value sell and continuously demonstrate cost savings when managing accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the site assigned in relation to the water treatment platform.
- Daily communication with the Operations Manager and Superintendents, Engineering Manager and Technical Service Manager.
- Review and communicate daily test reports through CTVista email. Ensure communication is understandable to all stakeholders.
- Work with Senior Mangement to help identify solutions to problems for ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Manage all inventory and invoicing for the account.
- Organize and track all DPI data, while keeping the customer informed of progress and/or issues relating to the agreed upon KPI's.
- Manage and work closely with the local ChemTreat Team.
- Create and present effective proposals to current and prospective customers
- Communicate the ChemTreat value proposition to the customer base
- Troubleshoot technical and site-specific process issues
- Create and present monthly KPI Tracker, Quarterly Reports, and Annual Reviews to the customer base.
- Attract, interview, and screen new candidates at various levels
Effectively audit key unit operations
- Entertain customers and prospects in accordance with ChemTreat’s entertainment policy
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset
- Balance of self-confidence and humility
- Ability to be a team player and partner well with others
- Required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (emails, comprehensive service reports, proposals, etc)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Industry knowledge specific to water treatment including familiarity with various applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering or technical degreepreferred
5+ years of successful water treatment related experience
- Proven track record of generating sales revenue and maintaining and growing an account base
- Refinery/Heavy Industry based experiencepreferred.
- Travel dependent on size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat field and leadership teams
Job ID: CHE001540