Monsanto's North America Field Testing & Operations team is seeking a Site Lead at its Evansville, INlocation.The Site Lead partners with on and off site Breeders, Scientists, and Project Managers inpartner organizations to support Monsanto’s business needs. The Site Lead will provide leadership and direction to a team of dedicated Agronomic Research Specialists and Operations Lead.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Overall vision and goals of the site
- Ensure that site personnel are trained in all ESH procedures, regulatory and compliance protocols, and business conduct protocols.
- Ensure timely feedback, critical conversations, coaching, and accountability of staff and contractworkers are occurring on a regular basis.
- Identify and provide ongoing development opportunities to enable career growth and progression ofall staff members
- Build upon a culture of engagement and collaboration for their team both internally and externally tothe testing organization (Breeding, Biotech, Technology Development & Agronomy, Climate, and Sales teams)
- Maintain culture of continuous improvement through innovation
- Meet or exceed key performance indicator goals for the site to deliver high quality on-time data
- Manage and forecast station operational budget and capital purchases
- Engage site in community outreach programs/sustainability initiatives
- Assist in day-to-day operational activities as necessary
- Breeding (corn, soybeans and wheat small plot yield trials)
- Product Assessment (chemistry, microbials, seed treatments etc.)
- Plant Health (disease inoculations, stalk splitting, ratings etc.)
Qualifications - Required Skills/Experience
- BS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study and 5+ years of demonstrated people and project management in an agricultural-related position.
- Demonstrated team leadership and supervisory experience.
- Motivation and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized and skilled at time management
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices.
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis.
- Ability to pass a background check, substance abuse test, and driving record background check
- MS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study with 3+ years of significant people and project management experience in an agricultural-related research position.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Experience with farm equipment operation and repair
Req ID 01MNL