Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 28 days ago
The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for directing the Human Resources organization at the facility. The HR Manager is responsible for working with the Site Manager or the Area Director of Operations to create strategies, policies and programs that achieve the following for the facility:
• Effective Employee Relations strategies that foster a safe, positive, productive and engaging work environment.
• Leading training initiatives to maximize site and employee performance.
• Ensure site compliance with Corporate/Division Policy and all applicable external laws and regulations.
• Provide growth and opportunity for all employees.
• Align performance and structure to Division and Regional objectives.
• Ensure functional excellence of the Human Resources staff.
• Successful completion of continuous improvement / lean projects that drive process and standardization enhancements.
• Lead and drive Company, Division and Region initiatives and programs
Major tasks include:
• Recruit and select qualified exempt and non-exempt personnel. Conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screening to determine applicant employability. Ensure compliance with federal and state legislation as well as manage job-posting system.
• Develop and conduct new hire orientation programs plus maintain accurate GEMS (Oracle HRIS system) data entry and the integrity of the personnel files including medical files.
• Interact with all employees to develop positive attitudes and employee engagement within the plant. Resolve conflicts when they arise. Implement programs and policies in benefits, safety, security and other HR areas. The HR Manager will also review employee discipline, attendance and the company substance abuse programs.
• Manage plant salary review program in compliance with salary budget and compensation policy, initiate compensation surveys and studies as required to determine appropriate pay rates, analyze data to facilitate equitable pay and classifications, maintain progression rates (if applicable) and general increases and maintain and update job descriptions when required.
• Develop and implement Division, Corporate and local plant policy and procedures, including documentation of employee acknowledgements.
• Manage employee worker's compensation program and coordinate cases with Corporate Worker's Compensation and carrier. The HR Manager also will coordinate medical care with MD and supervisor to expedite the employee's return to work and evaluate the employee's condition relative to work assignment and tasks.
• Implement employee development and training programs.
• Monitor EEO and annual AAP programs.
• Utilize Continuous Improvement tools: HR Balanced Scorecard, Document Management, Employee Relations System, Six Sigma, Transactional Lean and other metrics to drive HR improvement for the site.
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of annual Employee Opinion Survey and employee engagement initiatives, including but not limited to action plans and engagement activities.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
• Must have a four year Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 4 years of work experience
• Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point or Access)
• At least 3 years of previous experience in Human Resources or a related field
• Continuous Improvement training and/or certifications (Six Sigma or Transactional Lean) are preferred
• Prior supervisory experience is preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
• Experience in a multi-shift 24/7 operation is preferred
• Willingness to relocate if considered for future promotional opportunities is preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills