At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As the HR Business Director in Mt. Vernon, IN you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
As the HR Business Director, you will be responsible for developing, planning and delivering human resources programs and services for our Mount Vernon Supply site, serving over 600 employees and external resources. The incumbent is responsible for aligning people strategy to the site's business objectives. The HR Site Director serves as a consultant and adviser to management as well as an employee champion and a change agent. The successful candidate leverages workforce insights to anticipate needs and deliver integrated solutions to enhance performance, develop talent at all levels and foster a culture of accountability, teamwork and enterprise thinking. The Director of Human Resources builds partnerships across the HR function, internal and external to the site, to deliver value-added services to the site.
• Contribute to the development of the Mount Vernon business strategy and link the human resources business plan and the functional human resources plan.
• Develops strategic workforce plans in conjunction with client business group and HR Leadership to ensure the workforce shape and skills required to deliver the business strategy
• Lead, assess and manage the human resources strategy, policies, systems and practices in the areas of talent management, talent acquisition, organizational development and design, and employee relations. Ensure these practices are aligned with business goals and are implemented with consistency across the AstraZeneca enterprise.
• Support the Regional Director of Human Resources for the Americas and the team as they: assess, identify and develop critical talent; develop accountability; foster more collaborative teamwork; promote efficiencies; and support the growth of the business.
• Serve as an internal consultant and coach to the leadership team, managers and colleagues on all human resources and people management issues.
• Provide business perspective and insight to ensure the company continues to grow and remain innovative.
• Actively identify gaps as well as propose and implement changes as necessary to manage and cover risks.
• Build effective and strong business relationships with internal clients.
• Actively participate in the recruitment of key talent in a creative and responsive way to meet the demanding, ongoing needs of the organization and its clients.
• Drive performance improvement processes and promote positive changes in the people management arena.
• Drive succession planning processes for key talent and critical hiring needs.
• Develop, coach and lead the human resources team and the Occupational Health Team
• Select, develop, evaluate and lead a team of human resources professionals with the goal of earning a high degree of credibility as an effective and responsive internal consulting team that has the ability to balance the company’s short- and long-term objectives.
• Identify potential employee relations issues, offer guidance and provide strategic initiatives to promote a productive and engaged workforce.
• Conducts activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Completes all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Reports potential issues of non-compliance.
• Ensures and monitors compliance by team members and third parties by a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, b) ensuring completion of all required training, c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
• Manager accountabilities at Astra Zeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
• Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment to maintain the Quality System and continually improve its effectiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 10 to 12 years of progressive human resources experience in a large, fast-growth global business. Experience working in complex and matrixed environment is important.
• Proven experience in all areas of human resources with a strong focus on talent management, recruitment, change management, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, and training and organizational development. Possesses a working knowledge of compensation.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a human resources team; has successfully built a high performance human resources function and team.
• Possess a solid business, analytical and process-oriented approach to human resources that positions human capital solutions in business terms.
• Outstanding client service orientation.
• Strategic thinker who is also accustomed to working in a hands-on manner to accomplish multiple priorities.
• Effectively coaches leaders on performance, effective management practices and other business issues.
• Outstanding business acumen with analytical/metrics capabilities; highly accountable and empowered style.
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, flexible and high-growth environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships as well as influence employees at all levels. Strong team player.
• Solid judgment with a high degree of integrity that encourages others to trust and seek advice and counsel. Serves as a sounding board.
• Proactive in identifying solutions to business issues; responsive with a high sense of urgency.
• Seasoned change management skills; possesses an understanding of innovative approaches to engaging the workforce.
• Flexible and adaptable style; comfortable navigating through ambiguity.
• Solid project management skills.
Key Relationships to Reach Solutions:
• Site General Manager/Executive Director
• Regional HRBP
• Site Leadership Team
• Corporate and/or CoE Process Experts
• All MTV employees