Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
The role is responsible for planning and execution of projects for the plant including capex and cash flow management.
Project development and execution will apply the Innovation Initiative Management (IIM) / Commissioning, Qualification, Verification (CQV) process and in parallel ensure compliance with safety, quality and environmental requirements.
This role will work together with the site engineering manager in order to develop the site master plans (facility and asset long-rang plans), drive the technical agenda towards 85% Global Line Efficiency and for new lines 100% Vertical Start-up as well as leading the development and execution of new initiatives in line with the site master plan.
The role supports global and regional engineering platforms working towards standardized line designs as well as promoting 'Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S)' cultural change throughout the organization through functional capability building and driving/applying IL6S work processes.
As part of the IL6S implementation the role supports the 'Innovation Initiative Pillar (IIM)' implementation in the site. IIM is one of eleven pillars of IL6S being responsible for Vertical Start Up management and Technical Readiness in all initiatives.
Develop and execute capital projects that will:
- Enable growth, innovation and efficiency and promote the roll out of a high performance work environment
- Enable productivity
- Improve infrastructure
- Streamlining the plant
- Implement best in class technology and capability (benchmarking conversion costs and technology platforms).
Creation of flexibility and capability with focus on zero losses and 100% engagement
- Support site /cluster engineering manager on developing and rolling out of standards in cooperation with the regional/global engineering organization. As such drive competitive advantaged cost structures.
- Development and roll out of break through ideas in close cooperation with cross-functional partners on site and regional level including Research Development & Quality, Procurement and related functions to support strategies
- Initiate step change productivity planning leveraging technology and asset through translation of loss analysis into initiatives filling the funnel for the plants profit sustaining and enhancing project portfolio.
Responsible for plant capital projects in accordance with the plants Compelling Business Need (CBN) including safety, service, cash flow, productivity and growth targets.
- Lead cross functional project development and coordination
- Lead multi - functional teams and task forces of technical functions to drive world class efficiency and safety
- Lead projects towards Vertical Start Up (VSU) (lead through project life cycle with zero loss mentality when it comes to safety, quality and efficiency as well as 100% engagement)
- Coordination of manufacturing, engineering and supply chain resources to ensure successful execution of all deliverables of project management (safety, cash flow, etc.)
- OEM relationship management on project and initiative basis
Deliver equipment designs according to IL6S requirements (AM step3, PM step 4)
- Coordinate and facilitate change management processes within the global engineering community to drive standards linking with technology platforms. Maintain the Maintenance Prevention Database.
- Use Integrated Lean 6 Sigma tools and practices and ensure Early Management process steps are in place.
Build capability on site level required to ensure Vertical Start up:
- Ensure and manage the competence and skills development for asset hand-over and care (part of Technology transfer and training of new initiatives)
- Support the implementation of the IIM Pillar together with the Site/Cluster Engineering Manager through building pillar capability and governance as a first and project team capabilities as a second step.
New Product Launch and Modification
- Lead breakthrough thinking bringing new ideas and possibilities. Lead or co-lead new equipment and/or process development
- Support harmonization of manufacturing processes and de-complexity of product portfolio working with Business Development partners
- Lead technical assessments, capability studies and capital execution for new product launches and modification in cooperation with key partners namely Business Development, Research and Development, Procurement
Customer / Consumer focus & service
- Execute the technical agenda developed from business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into realizable propositions
- Develop technical proposals to enhance line capability with target to ensure optimal utilization of plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans
- Internal customer focus driving the Maintenance Prevention (MP) process for ongoing improvement of standards and 100% engagement
- Leads teams and ensure individual people development and guidance
- Ensures adequate training for pillar and team members
- Communicates plans and information to staff and follow through on all commitments
- Accountable for teams performance management, discipline and development
- University Degree or equivalent further education qualification in relevant discipline.
- 10 years of Project Management experience is required
- Proven project management skills required
- Fluency with computer applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, AutoCAD, project management software and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- 5 % travel
- Qualified in IL6S with focus on IIM is required
- Flexibility in working location within the Region
- Experience working across multiple countries and regions
- Project CAPEX spend of
- Plants in scope
- Number of direct reports
- Number of indirect reports
- Total headcount
- IIM (Innovation Initiative Pillar)
- IL6S (Integrated Lean Six Sigma)
- VSU (Vertical Start-up)
- Ensure compliance with project workflow requirements outlined (DR1 - DR7)
- Support/develop FI (Focused Improvement), AM (Autonomous Maintenance) and PM (Preventative Maintenance) initiatives.
- Support Operations, Business Development and Research Development and Quality teams through project Qualification and Verification phases.
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy
- Building Effective Teams
- Capital Planning
- Design for Six Sigma
- Global Project Management
- Capital Effectiveness
- Leverage 3rd Party Engineering Services
- KPIs for Engineering