DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. DuPont offers an exciting place to work and has aportfolio in various dynamic industries. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life. Our site in Rochester, NY currently has an exciting opportunity for an EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) Lead. The facility manufactures Probiotics for Human and Animal consumption and houses Industrial Biosciences' Analytical andMicrobiology Laboratories. The Site EHS Leader is accountable for overseeing the implementation, development, and compliance of all site and governmental related EHS policies, procedures, and methods. The facility is in the middle of major an expansion. This position will play a major role in the integration of EHS systems into the site’s expansion plan. You will be the key person ensuring safety programs and guidelines are understood and reinforced through training, coaching, and leading others. In this role, you will be challenged with a variety ofresponsibilities in relation to Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) issues. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide EHS guidance to the site to drive a Commitment to Zero culture.
- Develop and implement site specific EHS programs/policies.
- Identify and implement improvements in the work systems, processes, and team member safety.
- Provide leadership to the Site Process Safety Management Team. Ensuring that the site is in compliance with Process Safety Management requirement and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage permit/report maintenance including; applying for and managing environmental permits, developing environmental programs, filing and submitting audits/inspections, general sampling, and proper disposal.
- Lead Fire Safety program. Ensuring that the site is in compliance with Fire Safety regulations and requirements.
- Lead ISO 14001 program. Ensuring that the site is in compliance with ISO 14001 regulations and requirements.
- Audit for safe job performance and maintenance of safety systems, safety equipment, machine safety and plant housekeeping.
- Review of regulatory and internal (Company) program compliance. Includes development and maintenance of Rochester EHS programs to meet all requirements of external regulatory agencies.
- Develop, facilitate, and promote employee safety improvement (safety meetings, safety perception surveys, newsletters, risk assessments and conversations).
- Coordinate worker’s compensation first report and accident investigations.
Qualifications: The following arerequired:
- Bachelor Degree in a related area, and/or +7 years Safety, Health, & Environmental affairsexperience at a manufacturing and laboratory facility.
- Strong functional/technical expertise of safe work practice, auditing, record keeping, and investigation.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Experience in leading and conducting EHS related audits.
- Experience working with ISO 14001 standard
- Experience with Fire Safety standards
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing and lab operations, in particular those specific areas of the processes that could generate and/or release harmful levels of exposure.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Experience in influencing people in different role and positions in the organization.
- Experience with networking with other EHS Leads, Business EHS Leads, and COE subject matter experts.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to instruct and teach others.
- Must be able to coach one on one with employees to explain reasoning of decisions and policies.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel 15% of the time. (Local site to site travel is required) The following are preferred:
- Experience in managing people
- OSHA 30-hr training certification
- Auditorexperience or certification training