The Dodge YMCA is seeking an experienced applicant who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will be responsible for ensuring that the Y After School and Summer Day Camp programs meet all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations and regulations. The incumbent will plan, organize, and implement a structured program consisting of engaging educational and recreational activities according to age group. In addition, the Site Director will ensure a high level of quality, communication, and collaboration within the Y Afterschool program, serving for 100+ youth.
- Plan, organize, and implement a structured program consisting of engaging educational and recreational activities according to age group.
- Manage administrative issues such as data entry (AS400, YS.net, DYCD etc.) human resources, reports, snack, space, security and all other administrative duties/documentation required or assigned, to attain established goals successfully.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are kept safe and are available to operate a successful program.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through appropriate program enhancements and activities.
- Respond to e-mails and phone messages within one business day.
- Maintain accurate records, pertaining to licensing requirements, staff/child health and safety.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and supervise staff according to YMCA policies and best practices.
- Evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel, specifically the principal and his/her designee. Create a Parent Advisory and Youth Advisory Group. Attend school planning meeting and PTA meetings. Develop community relations with other community organizations or programs.
- Facilitate the collection of data for Fordham University, DYCD evaluator assembling the data and arranging for its timely delivery as requested.
- Supervise and plan the summer component/responsibilities and duties as assigned, including securing the DOH license.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with youth in school-age programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of AS400 database a plus.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.