Description: Serves as the Director of Patient Care Services in a home health/hospice agency setting. Manages daily operations of the 24-hour Home Health/Hospice agencies providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development. Monitors quality of services/care, utilization standards; and monitors outside contracts.
- Manages the 24/7 home health/ hospice agency, providing patient care services.
- Ensures assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures, which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal client expectations.Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues. Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Monitors allocation and utilization of staff. Monitors quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development.
- Resource to staff as clinical expert.
- Schedules and assigns staff, registry staff, and volunteers for home health and/or hospice visits.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment and cost effective utilization of services.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Ensures patient receive quality care by reviewing documentation, making visits with staff, reviewing care plans, conducting/participating in multidisciplinary team conferences, and reviewing patient satisfaction reports.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintain the departments quality assurance and utilization management programs.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Performs needs assessments and arranges for outside contractual services for teams.
- Serves as a resource for contract services, monitors their quality of service, their compliance with care plan, and costs.
- Works with outside providers to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Works with health care providers outside of unit to coordinate interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including utilization management.
- Researches, identifies and implements best practice models of other units.
- Oversees data analysis.
- Provides clinical and regulatory expertise in the review of denial supporting documentation and notification.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of HHH experience in the last 10 years as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum three (3) years nursing supervisory/management experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have a current RN license in California
Job Number: 659240Additional Requirements: