HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it, regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you make, what language you speak or what your health is, because everyone deserves great care.
Responsible for providing comprehensive dental care services to HealthPoint dental patients and exercising coordinated leadership functions with site leadership.
Your contribution to the team includes:
In addition to the essential job functions for a HealthPoint Dentist, you will:
- Assist HealthPoint Dental Director with Dental Program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide site leadership for clinical practice and quality. Activities include: tracking quality measures for the site, supporting site teams in setting practice management goals and keeping site teams informed and involved with current clinical protocols, best practices and innovation. Communicate productivity information to clinic providers.
- Assist with clinical aspects of operations in partnership with the site leadership and Regional Directors. Activities include: site provider scheduling, problem solving systems issues, dealing with patient complaints, hiring, orientation and learning conversations for site clinical staff and other personnel activities such as training and team building.
- Assist with strategic planning and equipment budgeting for the site in partnership with the Business Director.
- Hire, orient, and evaluate the work performance and mentor site provider staff as necessary, in coordination with Director of Talent Management and Dental Director.
- Provide guidance and coaching to provider staff on a day-to-day basis. Provide individual coaching and counseling to provider staff as necessary for conflict resolution and to promote the development of new skills and behavioral change.
- Effectively communicate HealthPoint’s mission and values to staff and clients. Assist site leadership to evaluate the impact of changes and assist in conducting staff meetings to discuss methods and policy changes for improving customer service, productivity and access, teamwork issues, and for promoting efficient and safe operations. Help to create a work environment in which staff provides superior customer service to diverse clients, and staff teams are supported in resolving issues and conflicts as soon as possible.
Must have’s you’ll need to be successful:
- Doctoral degree from an accredited school of Dentistry and three to five years of direct dental services experience.
- Willingness and ability to work Saturday shifts.