P&T NAM Site Controller
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The P&T NAM Site Controllerreports to the North American Finance Vice President and is responsible for financialreporting and controlling for the Rochester ALSTOM Signalling site and associated supporting businesses in North America. The Controller is a member of the Rochester Leadership Management Team overseeing the North American Signalling activities of Alstom. They ensure the respect and application of ALSTOM rules and promotes any productivity actions within the site in order to maximize the profitability through a good and cost effective execution of the contracts (quality, cost efficiency and planning delivery).
- Oversee the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, costing, and analysis activities.
- Oversee the projects financial review of the site and Control the NAM P&T Projects Portfolio
- Promote and contribute to identify any cost effective action
- Prepare reports that summarize site business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, costing based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Lead and develop the finance and accounting staff in US.
- Responsible for internal accounting policy compliance and of the closing of the books in coordination with North America Accounting, Tax, Project Controlling Directors.
- Ensure the effective ways of working with the Global Financial SSC (GFFSC).
- Develop financial models for use in a variety of capacities. Participate in a variety of special projects.
- Support internal control campaign once a year
- Provide financial information to site management team, areas and operations finance team
- Ensure that the management of the company’s assets & liabilities are monitored and controlled effectively (including suppliers, payroll, bank accounts etc)
- Ensure that the function is resourced adequately, in terms of numbers and skills, to manage performance and development of subordinates, and to provide effective mentoring and coaching to direct reports in order to achieve function objectives
- Produce results, forecasts, budgets and 3 year plan
- Provide necessary inputs during the tender process
- Prepare investment authorization business cases
- University degree/diploma
- Business School (MBA or equivalent)
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- At least 10 years post qualificationexperience, including experience in a senior financial role, preferably in an engineering environment
- Languages: Fluent in English
- Understanding and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of accounting procedures in large manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Knowledge of Project Accounting, legal requirements, and budgeting