Siri Engineering Program Manager – Release & Infrastructure
- Job Number: 112961784
- SF - Corporate, California, United States
- Posted: 29-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
As a member of the Siri EPM team supporting Release & Infrastructure, you will be responsible for delivering software to the development and production environments (and the environments themselves) for millions of users around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of shipping great software and maintaining a high-quality service under demanding timelines.
- * 3+ years of release program management, project management, and/or Ops engineering experience covering as many of the following as possible: a 24/7 live customer-facing service, a large-scale & international user base, experience with multiple (both internal and external) server environments, a product with external dependencies (e.g. partner data feeds), responsibility for rapid-response actions, involvement with data centers.
- * PM or engineering ownership of release management for continuous software development feeding into a live service; experience developing roadmaps/long-term strategy for improving release agility without sacrificing quality.
- * Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions. Career examples of hands-on involvement of delivering operational frameworks, tools, and processes that improved the customer experience.
- * Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (realtime) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure. Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization. High operational precision and attention to detail.
* Facilitate the mechanisms, process, and actions of code promotion & release through the Siri server environments. Improve release agility by via process & infrastructure improvements. Promote a culture of continuous and safe server updates. Own the software release schedule planning & communication. Provide timely updates for all release milestones; both org-level updates and exec-level status. * Drive all aspects of shipping software across the entire Siri organization, including coordinating across all involved teams, determining branching strategy for different code/modeling pipelines, running post-branch qualification & bug review & fix approval, and quarterbacking operational rollout worldwide. Main point of contact for Siri release information outside the org for both Apple and external partners & stakeholders. * Responsible for reliable and consistent Siri service uptime (including Production); owns all coordination & communication for operational outages, hot fixes, and other unplanned and rapid-response events. This also includes actions such as last-minute marketing asks, executive communication, post-event root cause analysis, etc. Ensure efficient diagnosis, quick action, and effective resolution of any issues. Own any change or expansion to Siri's operational infrastructure, including data center expansion, server hardware updates & upgrades, and other similar ops projects.
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
* 5-7+ years Senior Lead/Management-level experience of all of the above qualifications. * Strong technical proficiency in large scale systems, Linux/server operating systems, databases, cloud computing, big data, hadoop & networking. Knowledge of Git or other distributed version control systems. Familiarity with Splunk or tools to visualize machine data. * Bonus if you have prior programming experience (iOS/OSX, Java, Ruby, Scala, Python, PHP, Go, Swift, etc.)