Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The SIOP (Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning) Business Analyst is accountable for providing adequate information based on the data to the SIOP team, especially in the areas of Sales, Forecast, Inventory, etc. Other responsibilities include proactively looking for opportunities to improve 'Days On Hand' 'Inventory Turns', 'Forecast Accuracy', 'Service Level' etc. for both domestic and International sites.
The SIOP Business Analyst will continue to gain an understanding of the SIOP processes by actively seeking to understand other parts of the organization and will help make decisions for the greater good of the organization to ensure increased throughput, lower operating expenses, and higher customer satisfaction. This position will utilize their business knowledge and acumen to independently determine value-added areas that require focus toward service optimization and overall continuous improvement (increasing efficiency and reducing costs).
- Manage related KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) to measure, control and benchmark SIOP processes including Forecast Accuracies and Inventory Optimization.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements within the SIOP to enable overall improvement of the processes.
- Analyze inventory levels and product demand to ensure product availability and inventory of optimum age and quality
- Work closely with supply chain, sales operations, and operations to provide efficient communication to support production needs
- Conduct analysis to quantify the financial and operational impact of strategic SIOP decisions and modeling of flows, inventory levels, distribution, and transportation to ensure continuous improvement
- Assist with the development & implementation of process changes and improvements within the department
- Develop relationships with internal and external business partners by responding to questions and concerns, developing and analyzing a variety of reports, and assisting with integrating operations
- Communicate to gather clear requirements and work toward fully understanding system constraints
- Support stakeholders through detailed analysis and metrics development/maintenance dashboards to track KPI's and report on SIOP performance
- Provide analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This individual contributor position reports to the Director, Global SIOP and has no direct reports
- The role requires up to 10% domestic travel, including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years relevant experience OR Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience OR 8+ years of relevant experience
- Proven data management skills with the ability to create a story and vision with data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and SQL
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Master's degree in MIS, Business Management or a related discipline is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in sales, operations, operations planning, master scheduling, production planning, inventory control or production control within an MRP/ERP environment is preferred
- Professional work experience with inventory and current production activity control techniques and applications, development and use of data query, and product produced is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Lean theory management and material requirements planning (MRP) is preferred
- APICS (C.P.I.M.) Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Professional in Inventory Mgmt. Certification a plus
- Six months of experience in a production/manufacturing environment or material control role