$80K — $100K *
This role is responsible for leading development of discrete-event simulation models and driving innovation in simulation modeling with a focus on model speed and build efficiency. Such models will be developed to identify tactical and strategic improvements in manufacturing and business operations. These models are used to provide insights into current operational capability and future operational potential in order to develop data-driven, profitable business plans.
• Consistently drive efficiency within the team through support and fine-tuning of complex data analysis and/or model building
• Utilize manufacturing and/or business operations experience to quickly frame the operational challenge and visualize a solution design
• Apply lean principles and methods to develop standardized model and data frameworks in order to identify best practices in model development
• Train new or existing employees in data management and model development best practices
• Ability to harvest large sets of data from numerous sources and identify patterns in joining or linking data
• Efficiently evaluate data accuracy and completeness to establish processes and requirements necessary to maintain data integrity through change
• Collaborate with cross-functional, external client teams to gather comprehensive data required for model development and/or analysis
• Collaborate with internal business development and project managers to transform and visualize the data in creating and driving operational road maps
• Effectively communicate model functionality to the client or internal team for assurance of model results accuracy
• Develop model KPIs unique to the context of the client challenge, providing insight into unfulfilled operational potential
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or Supply Chain from an accredited university
• Minor studies in Computer Science is a plus
• Prefer 5 years of manufacturing or supply chain on-the-job experience
• Experience with one or more simulation software tools such as FlexSim, Simio, AnyLogic, etc.
• Experience with FlexSim is a plus
• Experience with one or more data gathering tools such as SQL, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, etc.
• Experience with one or more data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Experience with one or more coding languages such as C++, VBA, Python, etc.
• Passion for advancing Industry 4.0 and, simulation technology in particular, within manufacturing
Valid through: 3/8/2021