Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
Join the MITRE Orlando software systems engineering team and work with scientists, military experts and technology providers in support of a common mission to development, integrate and test military training systems via Live, Virtual/Gaming, Constructive, and Cyberspace environments.
Responsibilities will include:
- development of simulations and games to support training;
- development of configuration management scripts to automate the installation and configuration of software;
- setting up of continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines;
- design of RESTful and message-based APIs,
- development of automated tests;
- creation of written and multimedia training packages;
- migrating training applications to new platforms;
- setting up computer networks to run multi-user simulations;
- editing and formatting technical documents;
- web development for instructional and promotional purposes;
- researching and testing new technology to be used in support with training;
- developing briefings that summarize research.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields of study
Experience with Continuous Delivery Software PipelinesExperience with Windows and Linux based operating systems
Experience with VMWare/ vSphere virtualization platform or KVM
Strong written and oral communication and team collaboration skills are essential
Experience with systems engineering as well as modeling and simulation is preferred
Minimum Education/Experience:BS and 2 years related experience