Are you interested in opening-up the boundaries of high-frequency and energy-efficient computing? As a part of our AMD physical design central methodology team, you can help define timing, power, and clocking methodologies for our next-generation, high-performance CPU/GPU/SOC designs. This methodology team works across AMD ranging from low power APUs up to the world’s most powerful super computers.
In this multi-functional role, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple divisions to drive physical design methodology optimizations across the entire physical design space (library/technology/flows/design). We’re looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, passion and curiosity to resolve complex issues while achieving amazing results!
Responsibilities may include a subset of the following topics:
- Drive PVT corners/ frequency targets while considering various product performance modes and guard bands
- Drive IP physical implementation recipes from synthesis to route to achieve the best performance/watt
- RTL (architecture) and PD co-development to identify bottlenecks
- Drive budgeting, measurement, analysis and tracking of power-consumption
- Establish global methodologies and best-known physical implementation recipes for optimal performance/watt across library/flow/Synthesis/P&R environment
- Drive best practices for global/local clock distribution methodologies including skew/power/jitter trade-off’s
- Create guidelines on clocking/timing/power sign-off methodologies
Expertise in these topics would be a plus:
- Design experience in sub-micron processes
- Familiarity with CPU and or GPU architecture
- Hands on experience with power-analysis and measurement tools like Prime Power and or Power-Artist
- Experience with high performance clocking
- STA methodologies for timing closure, OCV and other advanced statistical margining techniques
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl/Python
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation
- Desirable candidates have an MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- Mastery of logic, circuit design, and CAD tools for high-performance design is encouraged.
Location: Austin, TX