Cerebras has developed a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
About the Role
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for silicon bring-up of Cerebras' innovative wafer scale engines. We are looking for someone with a passion for powering on new silicon and debugging issues.
- Utilize silicon redundancy to repair wafers based on defect signatures
- Run repair algorithms and use strategies to optimize wafer performance and quality
- Work with the software team to implement algorithmic improvements to silicon repair
- Work with design teams to optimize debug, redundancy and repair strategies
- Work to automate the silicon debug and repair processes to make them efficient and repeatable in the lab and in production
- BS or MS in EE, ECE, CS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Thorough production-oriented mindset for implementing & performing repeatable processes
- Solid experience in hardware bring-up and the debug of complex systems including ASICs, SoCs or microprocessors
- Understanding of computer architecture
- Expertise scripting in languages such as Python and/or Perl
- Excellent debugging, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of DFT, ATPG, and design for debug techniques and their application in testing of silicon
- Exposure to design and verification tools
- Background with lab equipment like logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc. is helpful
- Good interpersonal skills and ability & desire to work as a standout colleague a must
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally and driving issues to closure